Beggars Barn - home from home
Enter through the front doors of this luxurious, large country home and walk into a bright, spacious and contemporary heated stone tiled reception hall that instantly makes you feel at home. Every room has been meticulously renovated and redesigned to offer you maximum comfort and relaxation with all the modern comforts and facilities you will ever need to enjoy a truly fine stay.
The quintessential English countryside abode
Magnificent Oxfordshire landscape
Providing guests with 10/11 luxurious bedrooms
Sleeps up to 26 guests on request
The first floor Master en-suite bedroom comes with a luxury super-king size bed and its own balcony overlooking the Summer House, gardens, outdoor swimming pool, hot tub, arctic cabin and al fresco living and dining area. The Master suite offers luxury, soft furnishings, Villeroy and Boch Bathroom Suite with bath and wet room shower.
The second and family bedroom suite provides guests with a bright, south facing suite with super-king size bed and two single beds. It has its own en-suite bathroom with luxury power shower. There is a third King size room on the first floor with views over the southfacing front driveway and another king or twin bedroom with views over the fields; they share a family bathroom with the downstairs luxury king size bedroom that has french doors opening out onto the garden. There is a 3rd ensuite bedroom in the main house that has a king size bed and ensuite bathroom.
Inside the Summer House, by the pool, is one bright and colourful twin bedroom and one adjacent double bedroom. The brand new Annex has a Games/Cinema/Party room that offers 69 sq meters of space (this can also be turned into a bedroom as it has two luxury memory foam sofa suites and a bathroom. You can access a further two ensuite bedrooms from the main room of the Annex or enter each through its own french doors that face out onto the beautiful gardens.
Snug with wood burning stove
Relax in the Snug
Accessible from one of the front doors of the house and down a small flight of stairs from the open live-in kitchen and dining table area is this cosy snug room with its own large flat screen HD TV, underfloor heating and a log burning stove adding to this bright and modern entertaining space.
Elegant Drawing room
Quality furnishings and stunning decor
The feature rich decorated Drawing room provides bright south facing views across the front of the property and walled garden and features a large log burning fireplace, comfortable sofas, stylish armchairs and antique furnishings.
Summer House and Outdoor Living Annex
Heated 18m long swimming pool
The Summer House retains contemporary furnishings, with the living area, dining and an open plan kitchen. There is one double bedroom with a double bed and one stylish twin room. Both share a family bathroom with power shower. An 18m heated swimming pool is outside. A great place to entertain by the pool. There is also a large 'Outback' gas BBQ, alfresco dining areas and outdoor lounge seating in the Summer.
Recently refurbished to highest standards
Beggars Barn has three beautiful En-suite bathrooms and a modern first floor family bathroom with shower. There are two downstairs cloakrooms, a shared bathroom in the Summer House and a shower room in the Games/Cinema annex.
Large open live-in Kitchen
Dining for 22 guests
The main house provides a huge open plan, Smallbone Walnut and Silver kitchen with magnificent central island, an array of modern facilities and a large glass top dining table which provides a wonderful space for friends and family to gather for those special candlelit meals and celebratory drinks.
Sensational Dining room
Seats 16 guests with a circular layout
The beautiful, bright and spacious dining room features antique cabinets, mirrors and a magnificent round dining table and chairs that can seat 16 guests comfortably, perfect for stylish entertaining.
Games/Cinema room or ninth bedroom
Entertain your friends
Guests can now enjoy the Games and Cinema room with its pool table, full size tennis table and a large flat wall-mounted TV. There are comfortable sofas, trendy bar stools and a stylish bar, perfect for hosting celebratory drinks with family and friends in a modern, bright and spacious room. Additional guests can be accommodated with the addition of extra beds, making a ninth bedroom.
Small, well equipped Gymnasium
Work out surrounded by peace and quiet
There is a small gymnasium located next to the Summer House, with modern equipment. Surrounded by beautiful gardens, a wild fowl pond and no overlooking neighbours, it's the perfect home in which to work out in total privacy and peace and quiet.
Beggars Barn floor plan
Check out our video
- Heated 18m outdoor pool (mid April to Mid Oct)
- Hot Tub
- Annex: Games/Cinema/Party room 69 sq meters!
- Outback gas BBQ
- Outdoor living and dining area with fire pits
- Hobbit House - Arctic Cabin with internal BBQ
- 8 bedrooms in main house and summer house
- Two ensuite bedroom in the Annex
- Annex Games/cinema room can be converted to a bedroom
- Small gymnasium with running machine, rower, weights & vibration plate
- Sunken trampoline
- 3.5 acres of garden/grounds
- Fully equipped live-in kitchen with Villeroy & Boch, crockery, cutlery & glassware
- Ample parking available in the drive
- Wood burning stoves in the Snug and Drawing room
- Suitable for families with children
- Suitable for hen parties
- Strictly no smoking
- Strictly no pets allowed
- Televisions (inc Sky TV & BT sport )
- Wi-Fi throughout
Some local information to help make your stay at Beggars Barn even more memorable. More information on local activities can be obtained from us on request.
- Shutford circular walks that end with a well-earned drink at the local pub - more information
- The Sibford's historic walk - more information
- Shennington and Alkerton Walk - more information
- Woodland walks close to the property, including country lanes ending at Balscote pub.
- Golf : Tadmarton Heath, Rye Hill, Brailles, Banbury
- Fishing, shooting, go-carting, tennis, fabulous cycle routes (not for the faint hearted).
- Please enquire for a full list of activities.
- Castle Cars - 01295 272727
- 007 Cars - 01295 703007
- Banbury Station Taxis - 01295 262927
- Wyckham Arms at Sibford Gower (01295 788808 7 miles)
- Chandlers Arms at Epwell (01295 780153 3 miles)
- The Castle at Edge Hill (01295 670255 3 miles)
- The Chequers Inn at Ettington (on road to Stratford - 01789 740387 11 miles)
- White Horse Kings Sutton (01295 812440 9 miles)
- Horse and Groom at Milcombe (01295 722142 6 miles)
- Black Boy at Milton (01295 722111 5 miles)
- Butchers Arms at Balscote (01295 7307502 miles)
- George and Dragon (01295 780320 0.5 miles)
- Extensive list of caterers including Michelin Star available on request
- Fully catered option available