We understand that making purchases involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and we are committed to protecting and ensuring your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.beggarsbarn.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Beggars Barn of Beggars Barn, Shutford, Banbury, OX15 6JD, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.beggarsbarn.com or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, book a stay, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, bank account or PayPal details. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site or a booking.
2. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number or email address used to contact our customer service department.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
3. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how users move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by your user name and remember your preference.
Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. Third parties use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed by advertising networks more relevant to your interests. We share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The above websites are external websites and we are not responsible for their content.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
* To contact you in relation to a listing, booking or proposed booking, including providing you with booking confirmation and updates.
* To provide you with the products and services you request.
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* To manage your account, including processing payments and refunds and providing notifications.
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
* As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
* To notify you about changes to our service.
* To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
* To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
* To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information, products or services we provide, which we feel may interest you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form or the booking page).
We may combine information from other sources with your information. We may use the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in TW11). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us or an advertising network to display advertisements to a specific target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Beggars Barn or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Beggars Barn, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Last update: January 2016.